Sat, Sep 24|
Small Scale Intensive Gardening in the City
With this workshop, where you will learn small-scale intensive gardening practices in narrow spaces, you will be able to apply gardening techniques in your own fields.
Time & Location
Sep 24, 2022, 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Beykoz, Yenimahalle, 34815 Beykoz/Istanbul, Turkey
About the event
In our workshop; It is aimed that participants learn small-scale intensive gardening practices in narrow spaces in the city and experience self-sufficient vegetable production in their school, home or personal garden.
The contents of our workshop are as follows:
- Theoretical introductory course on intensive horticultural practices
- What are soil structure, soil organic matter and microorganisms?
- The relationship between soil and water with plants
- Which plants are grown in which season and how?
- Plant care
- Construction of raised or excavated vegetable beds determined according to the soil structure
- Materials used to create a city-scale garden
- Compost and bokashi making, use in garden beds
- Making sample beds in the determined area in the garden, making them ready for planting and planting.
- Planting of prepared different vegetable seedlings
- Things to do in the garden after planting