Sat, Nov 26|
Life Begins in the Soil Workshops - Soil Revitalization
In our workshop, you will learn practically how our compost techniques are implemented to support the soil nutrient cycle.
Time & Location
Nov 26, 2022, 12:00 PM – 2:30 PM
Beykoz, Yenimahalle, 34815 Beykoz/Istanbul, Turkey
About the event
One of the most important purposes of compost application is to replace the missing minerals and bacteria in the soil and to eliminate the deficiencies of the soil. In this workshop, we will tell you about different compost production techniques such as bokashi compost, compost tea, worm compost, hot and cold compost, as well as things to consider in compost production and the transformation of organic matter.
Topics to be covered in the workshop;
- Soil and soil ecosystem
- Life cycle and food webs in soil
- Different compost production techniques:
- Hot Compost
- Vermicompost (Worm Compost)
- Bokashi Compost
- Cold Compost
- Compost Tea (made to fertilize the soil with microorganisms)
- Things to consider when producing compost
- Conversion of organic matter and carbon-nitrogen (C:N) ratios
Our workshop will be given by Emre Barkın Keser and Sena Biliş, permaculture designers of our foundation.